Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day 11 - June 10, 2007





Today was Sunday. We had no activities planned, so we stuck close to the hotel. Good decision, since Micah is still just not feeling up to snuff.

We started the day with breakfast - and the new FIRST - Micah started "talking". After breakfast I pulled him over onto my lap and sat him facing me. He started doing these cute little "hmmmmmm" noises, so I did them back. He looked at me like I was crazy (well, why on earth WOULD someone respond to a little boy? Oh wait, he's not in the SWI anymore!), but he answered me. We sat there for at least 15 minutes, nose to nose, having the best conversation that I've had in a long, long, long time. It's amazing how much can be said with hmmmmm. uuuhhhhh, oooooooo, aaaaahhhhh, and MAMAMAMAMAMA (which I claimed to be his first real word :) It only took me 4 kids, but finally one of them said Mama before they said Dada!)

The other first for the day - his first REAL smile and giggle. Micah was cranky pretty much the whole day, so we decided this was going to be a calm, non-stimulating day. After taking a 3 hour long nap, and downing his 3rd bottle of the day, he seemed to come alive. Todd was sitting at his head on the bed, and made a car sound - vroom, vroom, vroom - while moving his head back and forth over Micah's head really fast. Boy, that got his attention FAST. Next thing we knew, Micah was smiling and laughing!!!! I got a couple of the smiles on camera. Luckily I had just pulled the camera out to take pics of him playing with his feet. The smiles are better.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Look at that smile!!!!