Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 1 - May30/31, 2007

We dropped the kids off at school yesterday, ran home for some last minute packing, and then headed for the airport. We were booked on a 1:15 flight which gave us less than an hour layover in Detroit before our flight to Tokyo. We showed up early hoping to switch to the earlier flight. Unfortunately, the flight was full. We headed to the gate to do a cross word puzzle while we waited. Luckily, a couple people didn't show for the flight, so we got to hop on. Whew! That extra time really helped with my nerves :)

The flights were very uneventful. All connections were great, and food was plentiful. The only hitch is that both pieces of luggage are overweight for China flights. Guess we will just be shelling out some money for oversize baggage.

One eye-opening experience occurred as we were eating dinner at 4:30 Dayton time. I had set my watch ahead to Tokyo time at the beginning of our flight. I was eating, when suddenly my watch alarm started beeping. What's going on? I realized that it was my 6:30 AM wake up alarm . . . going off for Tokyo time. What a funny feeling to realize that it is 4:30 pm body time, but 6:30 the following morning at our destination. We hoping that we can adjust quickly.

2 comments:

Lisa Clinch said...

Hi Becky and Todd! All is well here. Sofia and Beth are doing well together. I took pictures of both Peter and Sofia at today's Award's Assembly and will send them to you soon!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you from this end.



Lisa

Rebecca Mayhew said...

Hi guys - I just found out the good news!!! Congrats, and good luck in China! Becky Mayhew