Monday, May 21, 2007

Awesome Surprise - December 22, 2006

The Christmas season was upon us, and we headed off to Chicago to visit Todd's mom. One evening (the Friday before Christmas, to be exact) Todd, his mom, and I were sitting around the table talking about names. I mentioned that when we lived in England, NOBODY ever spelled Todd's name correctly. Over in the UK, it is spelled Tod. Soon after, I went in to the computer to check the AHH Waiting Children list again. I don't know why. Maybe I was hoping that a supplemental list would be added to the small list they had received earlier. While I was playing on their website, I read a testimony about a family who had adopted a little boy with microtia/aural atresia (underdeveloped ear and no ear canal). I thought, "Wow, that would be a perfect fit for our family." Then I switched over to the list. Hmmmm, more children had been added! I scanned down the list and found a listing for a little boy named Tod. I smiled because we had just been discussing Tod/Todd. I looked at his age - 10 months - perfect. I opened his file - what a cutie. I checked out his exact age - born on my birthday! I looked at his special need - microtia/aural atresia. I tell you, at this point I was trying really hard to be calm but not succeding very well. I called Todd over to show him the file. He said, "I think this just might be our little boy!" Needless to say, I sent in our application the next day.

No comments: