Monday, May 21, 2007

Agency Referred!! January 12, 2007






January 12 was just about the longest day I have ever experienced. I knew the review board had been meeting all week to match families and children, and that they would be calling the families sometime on Friday. I tried to keep busy. I alternated between believing that we would be matched with our little guy, and trying to convince myself that when we weren't matched I would be ok.






Around 1:00 I was sitting in Judy's office (our minister's wife) talking about the Children's Moments that I was going to be doing in church on Sunday when my cell phone rang. It was Grace from AHH. I am not ashamed to say that I totally lost it! Poor Judy. I'm sure she thought something terrible had happened because I was just sitting there bawling and trying to talk and not making any sense at all.






Without further ado, I am proud to introduce Hai Zi Wu. Born March 9, 2006. Currently living in the Foshan Nanhai Social Welfare Institute (SWI). The name "Hai" is his surname. All kids in his SWI are Hai. All boys who entered his SWI in a certain time frame have the second name "Zi". All girls from the same time period have the name "Zhi". The last syllable (the second of his "given name") is Wu. That is all his - not shared with anyone :) I have heard that the nannies will typically take the last syllable and double it - so he is called WuWu by his caretakers. Cute!

No comments: